Efforts for SDGs
The world is currently facing problems such as poverty, hunger, global warming, climate change, and economic disparity. SDGs are 17 goals that were set by the United Nations in 2015 in an effort to solve these problems and create a sustainable world by 2030. Bizen Chemical respects the principles of the SDGs and will implement activities to create a better world.
Health industry business
We manufacture and sell pharmaceuticals, health foods, and supplements in the hope of contributing to the health of all people. We also carry out joint research with universities, research institutes, and partner companies to contribute to health in new ways, such as extending healthy life expectancy.
- (1) Manufacture and sale of the ethical API ethyl eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA)
- (2) Promotion of research by providing omega-3 fatty acid reagents
- (3) Manufacture and sale of health foods and supplements
- (4) Manufacture and sale of functional food materials, and development of functional properties
- (5) Proposal of new value through the development of formulation technology
Utilization of environmentally friendly materials
Bizen Chemical proposes the use of product materials that will allow the creation of environmentally friendly products.
- (1) Stick film that uses paper
- (2) Small product packaging that will fit in mail boxes
- (3) FSC certified paper to protect our abundant forests
- (4) Vegetable ink
Health management and support for employees raising children
Due to its role in the health industry, Bizen Chemical pays close attention to the health of its
employees and is also active in providing support for employees who are raising children.
We are fulfilling our responsibility as an excellent health management corporation through the following initiatives:
- (1) Subsidy for medical expenses (non-smoking outpatient department, influenza vaccinations, screening for breast cancer/cervical cancer)
- (2) Implementation of mental health management certification (managerial position)
- (3) Subsidy for club activities
- (4) In-house newsletter (communication)
- (5) Expansion of pre-birth maternity leave
- (6) Leave to attend childbirth
- (7) Paid leave in units of two hours
Recycling of by-products
Bizen Chemical is establishing sales channels with by-products that are generated from the process of
refining oils and lipids. These by-products are refined into ingredients that can be commercialized, or
reused as raw materials for other products.
To eliminate waste as much as possible, we also make every effort to use by-products generated during the fraction process that are difficult to commercialize as fuel in our boilers.
Bizen Chemical has installed solar power generation panels on the roofs of our factories in order to promote the utilization of clean energy. This allows us to utilize the abundant sunlight of “Sunny Okayama” in our production activities.